Today has been a good day.
Its Christos 5th Birthday today.
I`m not going to go into the detail of the past two days which have not been so good- from getting a bit of a black eye off a four year old to having a five minute panic that I had lost him ( I thought he had run out of the flat while I was in the toilet...ohhh, can you imagine how I felt?) to Christo causing so much havoc that I had the best cry I`ve had in a long time (that kind of sobbing where you get a headache and get all sleepy afterwards)- it was altogether a very bad couple of days. But today was just what I needed and infact I think what we all needed. Christo needed it with me, to have some time where he could see me for me and not have to worry about communicating with me and such and also for big Christo and Tina as they have also had a very stressful week.
I spoke to Tina after yesterday to tell her how he had behaved with me and he said sorry and I feel that things will improve now, if only slowly. Today was nice because we have had no family time as of yet, and the air was a lot more positive between me and Christo. He can see now I think that I will tell his parents when he behaves badly and actually that all four of us are on the same side.
Tina and big Christo have very definatley made me feel like we are all "on the same side." By this I mean they are not some stuck up family treating their au-pair as a slave or as someone lower than themselves. They are surprised when I ask if I can eat some fruit or use the computer " of course of course you are just one of us." I feel comfortable here and they do everything they can to make me feel that way.
It hit me the other night, that I definatley needed to say something about all their efforts for me.
My grandad always used to say...(and then my Mother)... "going to never was a good fellow" and well this family would make them proud. To quote Tina, " if someone needs something we do it then." She was referring to the laptop that hadnt been fixed for me and it doesn`t bother me even though its very nice, but Tina was so stressed about it! Even when they have been at work all day and then they spend an hour putting Christo to bed, they never never say "lets leave it until tomorrow." I am always telling Tina to sit down because she is always finding something to do. If she said she would find a map for me she`ll remember at 10pm and spend half-an-hour looking for it. Christo also...
I also need to tell you about mother-aupair bonding.
But I will do that tomorrow maybe, because that needs a blog all of its own!
So, heres to a good day and I must just tell you......I made a German friend! She actually said
" We can be friends and I will show you around Berlin." I had to hold my excitment in when she said "We should go out sometime." You know me, I played it cool. I was cool...
Love x
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Babe you are the coolest of cool! I saw this blog after the facebook comment.. i'm guessing everything has calmed down now? xx
Hannah love reading about your exploits - you're doing a top job and pleased things might be picking up... good luck and keep up the friendly discipline! X
Post a Comment