
Its 10am and I am on my second cup of coffee.
Because I spend most of my days alone I write my blog in my head, there are thousands of things I have wanted to say but haven`t.
I want to talk about my experience with Germans at the swimming pool. How fascinating I find it that the older generation love a good swim but get grumpy with you if you, someone 50 years younger than them, go faster... Or even how the middle-aged woman got angry with me for over-taking her, i thought "well its a dog-eat-dog world darling."
I still haven`t spoken about bonding with Tina, from hair removal to globalization- we have covered it all! And for those foodies reading my blog ( i.e Amy-Rose and Amy Beck) would probabley like a full menu from each day so heres a basic one: I eat meat and cheese for breakfast (eek, to be fair I have started just having jam and bread) not a lot for lunch but then we have delicious teas; lasagne, stuffed peppers, a very fancy bulgarian meal- all of which is tasty!
I didn`t even tell you about Christos Birthday party. Met some lovely mothers, all very friendly (those who spoke english) one was questioning why I`d want to come to Germany. And I realized then that it was Caroline who made my trip to Germany so good last time and also James, who we stayed with. Because it has to be said the majority of Germans are not so friendly, and they admit this themselves!
But anyway, onwards and upwards,
This week I have a plan: I am trying to ram Berlin culture down my throat because I feel a bit like the troubles of my first week here have swallowed me whole.
So on todays agenda there is the Kathe Kruitz (sp) musuem and if I get time then Im going to go for a swim! (Must do 50 laps Hannah!)
Yesterday I went to a photgraphy gallery, dedicated to Helmet Newman.
" What have Christians got to do with politics"- Helmet Newton
I expected to not like this guy, who is famous for his obsession with women and taking photos of naked ones! But actually, his photos were absolutley amazing and completely underogatory. I thought it was quite empowering of women, which was refreshing. His work was apprently so avant-garde and contraversial at the time that his work his numbered, you cant buy any of the best photos on postcard for example. You must buy his book which is 500 Euros, hmmm..
Then tomorrow, Eastern Kruezburg!
I assume you have all gathered by now that me and Christo dont get on so well. I spoke to his parents about it and they agree that its not working so we give it a week, and then if nein improvment, its home time...
Love x

No comments:
Post a Comment